Webvizio is excited to announce the launch of a powerful new capability called Webhooks! With the two-way Webhooks, you can streamline your project and process automation and enhance your workflow efficiency within Webvizio. In this guide, we will walk you through what Webhooks are, what you can do with them, and how to enable and utilize them in Webvizio.
What Webhooks Are?
Webhooks rely on event-based triggers and provide real-time notifications for enhanced automation. Webhooks are a feature in Webvizio that allows you to receive real-time notifications and trigger actions based on specific events within the platform. By subscribing to these events, you can automate various tasks and integrate Webvizio seamlessly into your existing systems and processes.
Webhooks in Webvizio
Webvizio supports two types of Webhooks: Outgoing Webhooks (Events/Triggers/PULL) and Incoming Webhooks (Actions/PUSH). Additionally, it utilizes the REST Hooks technology, which allows you to subscribe to webhooks through the Webvizio API. Let’s explore each type and how they can be used to enhance your Webvizio workflow.
1. Outgoing Webhooks (Events/Triggers/PULL)
Outgoing webhooks are ideal for automating actions triggered by events within Webvizio, such as project updates or new comments. Outgoing webhooks are requests that Webvizio sends to a URL of your choice when a specific event occurs within Webvizio:
- New Project – triggers when a new project is created.
- Update Project – triggers when a project name or screenshot is updated.
- Delete Project – triggers when a project is deleted.
- New Task – triggers when a new task is created.
- Update Task – triggers when a task is updated.
- Delete Task – triggers when a task is deleted.
- New Comment – triggers when a new comment is created.
- Delete Comment – triggers when a comment is deleted.
- Delete Comment – triggers when a comment is deleted
All of these events are only sent if the initiator of the event is a user action within the Webvizio interface. Events are not sent if they are initiated by another webhook or integration.
For example, if a task is created by a user within the Webvizio interface, the “Create Task” event will be sent. However, if the task is created through integration with Zaier, the “Create Task” event will not be sent.
All outgoing webhook requests are of the POST type, with a content type of application/json.
To add an outgoing webhook, go to the Webhooks tab in your account settings, select the desired event, and add the URL to which Webvizio should send the request.
Keep in mind that webhook URLs should be publicly accessible.
☝️Note! Users with Studio Pro and higher subscription plans can add multiple webhooks for a single event.
2. Incoming Webhooks (Actions/PUSH)
Incoming webhooks allow you to send requests from external platforms to Webvizio, enabling specific actions within the platform. Incoming webhooks are requests sent from an external application to Webvizio to perform specific actions within Webvizio, such as:
- Create Project – creates a project in Webvizio (currently, only the creation of URL-based projects is available).
- Find Project – finds a project in Webvizio.
- Update Project – updates a project in Webvizio.
- Delete Project – deletes a project from Webvizio.
- Create Task – creates a task in Webvizio.
- Find Task – finds a task in Webvizio.
- Update Task – updates a task in Webvizio.
- Delete Task – deletes a task from Webvizio.
- Create Comment – creates a comment for a task.
- Find Comment – finds a comment in Webvizio.
- Delete Comment – deletes a comment from Webvizio.
You can find the URLs for all incoming webhooks on the Webhooks tab in your account settings.
- For all requests, you should add a header with personal access token!
- All incoming webhook requests have a content type of application/json.
3. REST Hooks:
For Studio Pro and higher subscription plan users, the REST Hooks technology is available, in addition to the two types of webhooks mentioned above. The REST Hooks technology allows you to add and remove outgoing webhooks through the Webvizio API without relying on the Webvizio web interface.
This feature provides a convenient way to manage your webhooks programmatically, enhancing your workflow efficiency within Webvizio.
☝️Note! Please ensure that you include the personal access token in the request header. This token is essential for authorization and allows you to successfully subscribe to the desired event in Webvizio.
Enabling Webhooks & Authorization
To use webhooks, all requests sent to Webvizio must include a personal access token. The token should be included in the Authorization header as a Bearer token.
Authorization: Bearer <token>
To obtain a personal access token, go to the Webhooks tab in your account settings and click the “Create token” button.
👉 Important Webvizio securely stores tokens in encrypted form. You can only copy the token immediately after generating it. Whenever you generate a new token, the old token becomes invalid.
Utilizing External ID
External IDs offer a convenient way to synchronize data between Webvizio and your existing systems using your preferred identification method.
Webvizio allows you to use your own identifiers to search for and update objects within Webvizio. Each project/task/comment has an External ID field, which can be set when creating an object using the corresponding incoming webhook. You can then use these identifiers to search/update/delete objects in Webvizio through incoming webhooks.
For example, when developing an integration with Webvizio, you can assign identifiers from your system to the tasks created in Webvizio. Subsequently, you can use these identifiers instead of internal ones to search for tasks that need to be updated or deleted in Webvizio.
Recap on Webhooks
Webvizio now offers a comprehensive webhook solution that includes outgoing and incoming webhooks, along with the power of REST Hooks (the ability to subscribe to webhooks through the Webvizio API). By leveraging these webhook capabilities, you can automate your workflow, integrate with external systems, and enhance your B2B SaaS process automation within Webvizio.
For any further assistance or inquiries regarding webhooks, our support team is here to help you. Happy Webhooking in Webvizio!