Email notifications can be both a blessing and a curse. When set up correctly, they notify you about important activities and updates in your web development or web design projects, that you wouldn’t want to miss. But, when left unattended, they can also get out of hand and become spammy or redundant.
That’s why we’ve added a new profile settings page to better customize your profile and manage the notifications that you receive from your Webvizio.
The new Profile settings & email notifications management will allow you to
- Customize your profile
- Define which notifications you want to get every time, and what to skip
- Create custom rules for notifications of different types, such as Productivity, Account administration, User invites, etc.
In this article, we will explain how it works and how you can do it.
User Profile Settings
The user profile settings consist of two tabs:
1. General Profile Settings
2. Email Notification Settings
To access the profile settings, open the user menu in the top right corner of the screen and select the profile item or click on the user name.
The profile settings are also available via this link
General Profile Settings
The user profile settings consist of the following options:
- User icon selection — click on the User icon at the top of the form to open the file selection window. You can use png/jpeg/jpg format files up to 5 MB in size.
- Last name
- Email address (Changing the email address is not available for users with an AppSumo subscription)
- Time zone -— the time zone is set automatically based on your browser data at registration, but you can change it manually in the profile settings. All times within Webvizio are displayed to you in your selected time zone.
- Time & Date format – responsible for the formatting of all dates within Webvizio. You can choose from Two formats: the European DD-MM-YYYY- 24h format and the US MM-DD-YYYY 12h date and time format.
- Password change
Your profile settings only apply to your user and do not apply to other users added to your team account. Each user can change their own settings.
Email Notification Settings
Email Notification Settings allow you to enable or disable any email notifications except for technical and billing-related emails.
Notifications are divided into 5 types:
1. Account administration — Emails related to managing your account. Notifications are sent to the user with the Account Owner role.
2. User invitations — Notifications related to invitations from other users. Invitations to accounts, projects, folders. Emails are sent to users with any role.
3. Project management — Emails related to project management. Notify about changes inside your project. Emails are sent to users with the Account Owner and Project Manager roles.
4. Projects and tasks — Notifications related to your tasks or the project you are working on. Emails are sent to users with any role.
5. Productivity — Emails related to deadlines and task completion time, sent to users who are assigned as task executors.
To customize your email notifications, go to Profile from your Dashboard, and go to the Email notifications tab.
You can also access the email notifications settings by clicking the eponymous link at the bottom of this, or any other email from Webvizio.
Notification settings only apply to your user and do not apply to the users added to your team account. Each user can customize their email notification settings.