Before you start
Webvizio was built for teamwork, collaboration on web projects and project management, so it was designed to fit a variety of different user cases: website owners, web design agencies, clients, project and/or product managers, dev teams or independent service providers.
Those use cases will naturally differ by their roles and responsibilities, so there are a number of different roles and user categories in which you and your teammates can use Webvizio. Let’s break it down.
1. Account Owner
An account owner is the one who signs up to the platform and creates the account. The account owner can be a particular website owner or representative, or manage a few different projects in parallel.
An account owner has access to full account management, including:
- Account management (creating, deleting, transferring ownership, setting other users’ permissions)
- Account payment, account management and payment statements
- Managing projects within the account
- Managing users on both the account and projects levels
- Approving or rejecting requests on adding new users to the account
- Advanced task management (e.g deleting or changing any task incl other users’ tasks)
- Overseeing projects dashboards, productivity reports and activity logs.
2. Project Manager
A project manager is a person responsible for a particular project/projects and is responsible to oversee and track the project progress and team performance.
For example, a project manager can:
- Add users (with appropriate settings – with / without permission from the Account owner)
- Assign / reassign roles (with appropriate settings – with / without permission from the Account owner)
- Share / add / remove users at the project level
- Manage tasks on project level
- See projects dashboards, productivity reports and activity logs.
An assignee is a project executor who is usually getting invited to a project (and platform) and assigned with some tasks to perform.
Assignee access allows them to:
- Manage tasks at the project level
- Create/ edit tasks
- Delete tasks created themselves
- Indicate the status of tasks execution
This role may fit for an indirect supervisor, or a third party consultant. A viewer is someone who’s not actively involved in the project execution, but has access to overview the project progress and provide feedback to the team. The access can be provided by clicking in the project settings and only applies to the specific project.
The viewer’s permissions are limited to:
- Reviewing tasks and commenting at the level of a shared project (a simplified registration system and account creation is required)
- No access to project report
Users in the Viewer roles do not count against your paid seat quota, so you can invite as many viewers as you like.
Viewers’ access to a project, shared with them, will be automatically suspended, until they are signing up to the platform! They also won’t be able to leave comments, until registered.
Any unregistered user, getting access to a project by a link is seeing it in a Guest view by default, and needs to contact project/account managers for a role upgrade!
A Guest can be a third-party contributor or a client who’s not actively involved in the project execution and is only invited for a one-time contribution, to view some parts of the project and share some feedback with the team.
Users in the Guest roles do not count against your paid seat quota, so you can invite as many guests as you like.
Guests can only view tasks at the level of a specific shared project.
Guests’ access to a project, shared with them, will be automatically suspended, until they are signing up to the platform! They also won’t be able to leave comments, until registered.
Adding users to your account
New users can be added to an account, removed, or assigned a role by the Account Owner or Project manager (if An Account Owner provided this permission in the account settings).
When adding a user who is not registered in the system, the user receives an email with an invitation to register and a button leading to the registration page. If a user registers with the specified email address, he is automatically added to the account team with the specified role.
Add users to the account, before assigning tasks on a project level!
Before adding users to the project or assigning tasks, always remember to add them at the account level first, because Webvizio payment plan is calculated on the “per user basis”!
This is important for the account owner to be able to control users’ access to specific projects. This way users will have access only to those projects that the account owner considers necessary. The logic behind this is that if you are an agency and you have several clients, you probably do not want the managers/users of one client to see projects of another client.
Adding users to your project & assigning user roles
When creating a new project, both the Account owner and the Project owner who created the project are automatically assigned to it with admin permissions.
The Account Owner and Project Manager can change user roles within the project, but set them no higher than those assigned to the user at the account level.
Account Owner and Project Manager can add users to a project in the project settings menu by:
1) choosing them from the list of all registered users at the account level
2) adding a new user, by typing in an email address and sending an invitation to join the project
Add users to the project on the fly!
There is a quick and simple way of adding registered users (at the account level) to the project without presetting in on the project level. Just add a new task, click “assign to” and choose the user in the list, or mention user’s profile name by using the “@USERNAME” command.
As soon as users are assigned to a task within a project, they are being automatically added to the project team.
When new users are added to the project, they are being automatically added to both the project and the account.